Pumpkin Drop Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking tray
- 80 g unsalted butter softened
- 45 g caster sugar
- 80 g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 100 g pumpkin grated
- 170 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan
- Add the butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy45 g caster sugar, 80 g light brown sugar, 80 g unsalted butter
- Slowly add the egg and continue to mix1 large egg
- Sieve the flour into the mixing bowl and add the grated pumpkin, bicarbonate of soda, dark chocolate, salt and nutmeg or cinnamon100 g pumpkin, 170 g plain flour, 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 100 g dark chocolate chunks, 1 pinch salt, 1 tsp ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- Gently mix all the ingredients together
- As the name suggests, drop a spoonful of cookie dough onto a lined baking tray, leaving space between each cookie
- Bake for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from the oven and allow to rest on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
- Once cooled, serve with a big glass of milk or hot cup of tea. The perfect mid-afternoon snack!
This recipe has been lovingly created for Kilduff Farm by Tony and Cat of The Foraging Goat.
Tony and Cat Tavener are the husband-and-wife team behind The Foraging Goat, a new artisan greengrocer and larder in Haddington, East Lothian. Their aim is to forage the local area for the best produce on offer and create their own collection of ketchups, preserves, pies, take-home meals and much more. Bursting with creativity and a real zeal for flavour, Tony and Cat are truly imaginative when it comes to cooking. We have been fortunate to work closely with them, creating a very special collaboration and producing a delicious range of products made from produce grown on the farm.