The perfect way to use up a glut of chocolate and entertain your little ones during the Easter holidays.
Easter Chocolate Brownies
- 1 20cm baking tin
- 1 small bowl (for melting chocolate)
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 pan of simmering water (or microwave)
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Sieve
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 200 g milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs medium
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave. If using the microwave, heat the mixture in short bursts until it has all melted. Set aside to cool slightly200 g milk chocolate, 175 g unsalted butter
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until thick and creamy150 g light brown sugar, 3 eggs
- Gently stir the slightly cooled chocolate mixture into the sugar and egg mixture
- Sift in the flour, cocoa and salt and gently fold until just combined100 g plain flour, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 pinch of salt
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20- 25 minutes until a thin crust has formed around the edges but the middle is still a little wobbly
- It will be tempting to dive straight in but let the brownie cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes – then get stuck in!
- These brownies are incredible topped with a scoop or two of ice-cream and a sprinkle of crushed mini eggs, crunchie or flakes. The perfect Easter pud!