- 1 Sieve
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 120 g self raising flour
- 70 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs Large
- 60 g pumpkin puree (see our ‘top tip’ below)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar and cinnamon.120 g self raising flour, 70 g caster sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Carefully whisk the pumpkin puree and eggs into the flour mix.60 g pumpkin puree, 2 eggs
- Gently whisk in the milk until you have a smooth pancake batter.1 tbsp milk
- Start to warm your pan with a small amount of oil on a very low heat. Once hot, pour in roughly 2 tablespoons of pancake batter.1 tsp vegetable oil
- Gently cook the batter until golden brown on one side, then carefully flip the pancake to cook the other side. A good indication of when to flip the pancake is when bubbles start to form on the uncooked side.
- Remove to a plate once both sides are golden brown and the pancake is fully cooked. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Enjoy a stack of pancakes with your desired topping. We love topping ours with honey, yoghurt and pumpkin seeds or pumpkin mascarpone with pistachios!
- Cut a small pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and place on a baking sheet, face down, skin side up.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Once cooled, scoop out the pumpkin flesh and discard the skin. Blitz or mash with a fork until you have a puree consistency.
This recipe has been lovingly created for Kilduff Farm by Tony and Cat of The Foraging Goat.
Tony and Cat Tavener are the husband-and-wife team behind The Foraging Goat, a new artisan greengrocer and larder in Haddington, East Lothian. Their aim is to forage the local area for the best produce on offer and create their own collection of ketchups, preserves, pies, take-home meals and much more. Bursting with creativity and a real zeal for flavour, Tony and Cat are truly imaginative when it comes to cooking. We have been fortunate to work closely with them, creating a very special collaboration and producing a delicious range of products made from produce grown on the farm.